Subjects I feel PASSIONATELY, PASSIONATELY about

Hi, you have just arrived at my blogsite. I'm Artemis Hunt, author, harried employee, long-suffering wife, multi-tasker, Pomeranian lover, stepmother to two grown-up stepkids. I'm going to blog about subjects I feel passionately about. Please browse, and maybe you'll find something you feel passionately about too. For darker adult stories, I write under the name of A.R. Hunt. For straight erotica and erotic romances with mild BDSM (a la Fifty Shades), I write under the name of multiple Amazon and Barnes and Noble bestselling erotica author, Aphrodite Hunt.

Monday, November 7, 2011

My guest blog at Living Life Thru Books!

http://dream-wish-live.blogspot.com/2011/11/guest-author-artemis-hunt.html

Hey fellow readers, today I have the pleasure to have guest author, Artemis Hunt to talk about her latest novel, The Body Snatcher Wears Lipstick. Here's more with Artemis and her views on the novel...











I wrote THE BODY SNATCHER WEARS LIPSTICK in a month. It just flowed out of me - the story, the words, the downtrodden office beaver Abby Watson is. PLUS a major wish fulfilment and a superpower I've always wanted: the ability to jump into other people's bodies.
The novel is about someone who wishes she were someone else, because it's a wish many of us can sometimes identify with. I certainly have wished I was prettier, and stronger, and smarter. And at many times, I wished I could have been my friend who just landed a $100,000 book deal, or my friend who started his own hospital group and is now going for ski holidays in Aspen, or my classmate who started a chain of pharmacies and is now rolling all the way to the bank.
I've even wished that I was that so-and-so female celeb, so that I can be with the so-and-so male celeb!
This is exactly what THE BODY SNATCHER WEARS LIPSTICK is all about. But what causes us to want to be someone else? Insecurity? Being uncomfortable in one's one skin? I suspect the psychoanalysis would make a whole book by itself!
But meanwhile, I wrote my own wish fulfilment out in story form as my personal escapism.

What's your form of escapism?

No comments:

Post a Comment