AUTHOR INTERVIEW - ARTEMIS HUNT
- What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Artemis Hunt. I was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and I live there now. But my husband has an address in Florida, and we go to the US sometimes once or twice a year. I work for a giant multinational US/Swiss company with one of its HQs in South San Francisco, and was thinking of transferring there.
2. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My latest novel is SNOW WHITE AND THE ALIEN.
Hunted by her wicked stepmother, Snow White, a beautiful girl with the ability to talk to bugs, encounters a handsome alien sent to pave our world for colonization.
I just launched a collection of 3 short stories yesterday called THE ETHER WORLD CHRONICLES: BEGINNINGS. It's a compendium to a soon to be launched YA Fantasy novel called THE HUNT FOR THE CATALYST. It's about telekinesis, demons and passion . . . though not in that order.
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
THE HUNT FOR THE CATALYST has already been written and is part of my ETHER WORLD CHRONICLES YA Fantasy series. It's something I'm very proud of. I have so much to write and so little time!
I have also written a chick lit novel called THE BODYSNATCHER WEARS LIPSTICK. It has been written into a screenplay and optioned by a film company called Desert Wine Productions.
4. How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
Since I was 2, I think! I wrote 'graphic novels' on white paper. It was always part of me.
5. Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
I have only tried that once. The rest of my reviews have come from Amazon Verified Purchases. But I would love to.
6. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
I came up with my own cover ideas. SNOW WHITE was designed by Telemachus Press, the ones who did all of John Locke's covers. I designed and made the rest of the covers myself. I'm very proud of this because two weeks ago, I knew squat all about making my own book cover!
I would love to show everyone THE HUNT FOR THE CATALYST's cover. Everyone thinks it's gorgeous! I can't stop staring at it myself! The art was done by Phatpuppy Designs, the ones who do a lot of Amanda Hocking's covers.
7. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
I tried, but it was too painful! That's why most of my books are fantasy.
8. Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
Hmmm....I love reading plenty of authors, but influenced by them? No. I think I have my own style, for better or for worse. I've always been told that my voice and sense of humor is distinctive.
9. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
Definitely e-book. I'm an environmentalist.
10. What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
I would say I read Sidney Sheldon's If Tomorrow Comes more than 10 times when I was 16! I know, I know...but I loved it!
11. Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
Yes. The best book to movie transfer is Harry Potter 7.2. I was amazed!
Worst? Harry Potter 6. I was actually bored by the movie, or maybe it's because I saw it on a plane.
12. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
Wither. E-format. It's very good!
13. Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish?
I'm having trouble with the Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.
14. Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them?
I would like everyone to watch out for my beta, Lydia Kang. I love her writing style. She's got an incredible voice! I don't think you will see her for another year or so, because she's on submission. Traditional style.
I'm so proud to have helped beta her books. She's also my beta, and a very tough beta she is!
15. Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
One of my friends complained he found the beginning of SNOW WHITE to be a bit slow. I asked him to be brutally honest. But I got rave reviews on it too, so most people seem to be OK with it. I guess I would change that, if anything.
16. What do you think about book trailers?
I love watching them. I wish I could afford them, but I can't!
17. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
For an indie? Make sure you have an arsenal of manuscripts before you launch. For someone who desires to be traditionally published? Make sure you write that query letter well!
18. Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
Artemis Hunt is a pen name. With a name like that, I could only have been an author, a stripper or a goddess in disguise. Ha ha ha! But with agents, I use my real name.
19. Where can readers follow you?
Your blog details? http://artemishunt.blogspot.com/
Your web site ? www.artemushunt.org
Your facebook page? I have only a private one.
Your Goodreads author page? http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5156334.Artemis_Hunt
Your Twitter details? ArtemisHunt1 . Please follow me!
And any other information you wish to supply?
I looove feedback, so please drop by one of my pages and write to me if you can.